"It is not what we teach, but what we value that sets us apart from the others.”
Children take the lead in learning. We believe every child is competent and s/he possesses the capability to learn and strive in the journey of growing up. They are inspired by their own interest to know and learn, and as such they are endowed with a uniquely individualistic understanding of how to construct learning on their own.
As part of the global community, children are the citizens of the present. They have the rights to information and decision making concerning their benefits as well as being seen as strong and powerful. They have the rights to fully experience the wonders and joys in their childhood lives.
The child is complete. With extremely imaginative and expressive nature, children have the enormous capacity in sharing feelings and ideas. Their expressions and views, whether logical or magical, must be listened to and valued.
Teachers as Learners and Co-Researchers
The teacher seeks to know each child as an individual person and to create a safe and trusting relationship in which learning can take place. The teacher strives to support and encourage the child on the learning journey, encouraging them to reflect and to question. Teachers are deeply aware of children’s potentials and rights to take charge of their learning process. Observation and active listening is a major part of teachers’ job as learners and co-researchers.
Parents as Our Educational Partners
No child is a separate entity from their parents or caregivers. The family culture and values play an important role in children’s learning. Getting parents to be active participants of the school community is going to extend children’s learning beyond the curriculum and build the connection between home and school.
“The child who is loved, respected and valued is intelligent, versatile and spiritually wholesome.”
Our Educational Goals
- To provide a high quality service that meets the needs of children and their families.
- To complement and support families in their child-rearing role as well as education needs.
- To create a joyful, stimulating and respectful learning environment that connects teachers, children, parents and the local community.
- To continuously improve our curriculum, facilities and services
- To continuously advocate for the best interests of the children through actions, communications and media.